Experimental Post - Crude Game Report

I am not sure if this is the sort of thing people want to see, do let me know in the comments.

(Also I did not intend for this to be a blog post, so the images are few and crude in presentation, so please factor that in)

I played a game with my normal WFB opponent a few weeks back, but he used my undead rather than his normal Orcs.
I did not take a single casualty in that game, but I lost as every unit routed from the battle.

So I made some tweaks that would hopefully stop that happening again.

Today I played a short game with Samantha. (my wife)


Some random images:

 









 




What Happened?  

My idea to make my Helblitzen 25 rather than 15 strong worked. Always getting the maximum rank bonuses meant they never lost a round of combat. Losing a round vs undead in 3rd means an automatic rout with free hacks and everything. Very painful.

Having a separate army banner also worked. Area radius LD bonus.

Samantha's zombies lost every round of HTH but when rolling for instability kept getting a 6. This means all casualties that turn are brought back.

So that fight went on forever.

 

My Helblitzen on the left held and dominated that flank.

 

Her zombies on the right held that until she eventually stopped rolling 6's and the next few rolls actually meant they vanished into the ether leaving Heinrich Kemmler exposed.

Archers and my wizard finished him off.

 

Summary.

Good fun. Undead still can't fight for shit but fear is strong. Instability works both ways.

My bigger Helblitzen unit helped win the battle.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stone Circle

Why do I Like Oldhammer and what even is Oldhammer?

The Blacksmith