Way Shrines

 


The villagers worship The Mother (Rhya) and The Father (Taal).

Apart from the sacred stone circle which is used for religious festivals they also use small shrines which are dotted about the village and fields.

These are kept to help ensure a good harvest and ward off blight.

Common offerings are food from the land and small dolls stuffed with oats, herbs and seed.

Plants and the Sun are common symbology but we can also glimpse a crude painting of The Mother, seen naked with yellow flowing hair and a crown of leaves.
The larger shrine will have offerings placed inside relevant to the particular festival which will be being celebrated at the time.



I quite enjoyed both making and painting these, I will be making some inserts over the next few weeks for the bigger one.




Comments

  1. Hello Mike,

    First these are nothing short of fantastic. You should be really proud of them, the are the sort of thing that brings the whole little world to life. Plus you painting is also brilliant 🤩 love the booage.

    I am particularly impressed by the little dolls such a creative and wonderful idea that fits ideally in the lore.

    Creativity of this sort of standard really is the pinnacle well done 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is as you say the little details; the day to day things which are irrelevant for the most part superfluous in normal mass battle games that help make small skirmish games that more believable.

      Now I need to make the village green and stuff for that.

      Delete
  2. I would like to read more about villagers stories and interactions with this sort of thing.

    Also you might want to mark the 4 individual shrines on your map?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stone Circle

Why do I Like Oldhammer and what even is Oldhammer?

The Blacksmith