Moar Helblitzen

I always loved pikes, and in hindsight I should have started with a unit of 15 pikemen rather than a unit of 15 helblitzen, but bills/halberds etc are also very cool and in terms of models easier to get hold of.


Anyway, after playing a number of games versus my wife’s undead it became very clear that losing even a single round of combat was a killer, fear is very powerful in 3rd edition.
So without being too gamey I needed to minimise my chances of losing, the easiest way to do this was to increase the unit size to ensure I get the full rank bonus for a few turns even after having sustained some loses.

So.
I increased my 15 helblitzen to 25.
This gives me the ability to lose an entire rank and still claim the maximum rank bonuses. A bit gamey maybe, but is also makes the unit look cooler.


No fancy pictures this time but here are a couple of basic ones to give you the idea.









I think I may look at a block of pikes in the future, maybe a detachment sent from Wurtbad.
But as ever the no duplicate model rule for my humans will apply, so old Wargames Foundry that are old GW sculpts along with converting some spears is the order of the day I think should I do that.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stone Circle

The Blacksmith

The Stocks Inn