I always loved pikes, and in hindsight I should have started with a unit of 15 pikemen rather than a unit of 15 helblitzen, but bills/halberds etc are also very cool and in terms of models easier to get hold of. Anyway, after playing a number of games versus my wife’s undead it became very clear that losing even a single round of combat was a killer, fear is very powerful in 3 rd edition. So without being too gamey I needed to minimise my chances of losing, the easiest way to do this was to increase the unit size to ensure I get the full rank bonus for a few turns even after having sustained some loses. So. I increased my 15 helblitzen to 25. This gives me the ability to lose an entire rank and still claim the maximum rank bonuses. A bit gamey maybe, but is also makes the unit look cooler. No fancy pictures this time but here are a couple of basic ones to give you the idea. I think I may look at a block of pikes in the future, maybe a detachment sent from Wurtbad. But ...
Heiligsheld was not always called such. In 2155 Imre Jenz a veteran of the battle of Hel Fenn, died defending the sacred stone circle off in the forest from followers of chaos. Imre was already well respected in the village but when he managed to kill Grazak The Unclean a champion of Nurgle and later died of his wounds, the villagers, so grateful for his sacrifice at both Hel Fenn and right here in the village decided to rename the village in his honour. Since this renaming was never sanctioned by the Emperor, it is not official which no doubt goes some way to explaining why Imperial cartographers have not placed it on any maps. The stone circle is a site holy to Rhya, or as the villagers refer to her, The Mother. Rhya is the wife of Taal, (another of the villagers favoured deities) mother of Manann, Morr, and Verena. Those who worship her view Rhya as the deity of fertility, childbirth and the family. The Stone Circle predates the village and not much is known about it. W...
Blimey, it has been about 2 months since I painted a model. It has been a stressy few months, but even so I had not realised it had been that long. Anyway, it is super hot so I did not spend overly long on this chap, the building I had done a good few weeks back when the weather was milder. Next up on our tour of Heiligsheld, the blacksmith's. The second building proper in Heiligsheld is the blacksmiths workshop of Hans Eisen. When the inn, The Wicker Man was first made, the then smith worked from the inns yard. However as the inn grew the smith decided it prudent to build a small workshop not far from the inn. It is this building in which Hans Eisen now ply's his trade as his fathers’ did before him. Where once the smithy mostly fixed the wheels of wagons and shod the hooves of the the visitors of the inn, it now makes weapons and armour for the Counts men. That is not to say Hans will not sharpen knives and fix pots and pans, but the real money lies in work for the Count. As ...
👍🏽
ReplyDelete