The River

Heiligsheld has always been near a river and I wanted to model the river in a single section as I thought it would be nicer to look at than a river in bits with joins.
The perfect way would be to have it sunk into tiles as I always used to do, but that would mean making tiles and I am already well into this project and can't be bothered with starting a new table.

Now, I have made a river before, for my 15mm fantasy games and I wanted to try and get my river to look as nice as that:





However I mucked it up.
:(

I won't bore you with the details here, but poor planning lead me to making a mistake which I hurridly tried to fix but made it worse.
I then had to wait for the 'fix' to dry and then essentially start again with inferior products.

The end result is not a million miles away from what I intended, though the mistakes are visible and it also took a whole weekend to do the water effects rather than about 3 hours..

IF you are interested, you can read about the journey HERE.
It is quite wordy and picture heavy.

However I did finish it in the end and it is not terrible.








I have also just about finished the river cottage which sits on the other side.
However that is another blog post for the future.

What I will add here are some images that show the set up with the river before the cottage and bridge.
The cottage shown is actually that of Fraulein Pfiezel, I just used it as a place holder.

These images give you a rough idea of how it all fits together.


















I quite like these shots as you can start to see the village come together as a whole entity rather than several separate bits.


The next post should be more of the finished set up but with the actual models rather than stand ins.

Then the bakery I think..  Unless something else pops up and distracts me.

PS: Sorry about the formatting, I have no idea why Blogger does this and CBA to fight with it.



















Comments

  1. That looks splendid. Just read through your thread on the forum. Despite the trials and tribulations it's come out very well. And doing in one piece was worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chap, better than some blue felt at any rate.

      :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Sylvanian Families

Michaels Mordheim Mashup - Update

Michaels Mordheim Mashup